Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring


Today was a kind of crazy spring day.  Cool in the morning, thunderstorms late morning, sunny and warm in the afternoon.  I got rained on at the Farmer's Market, then planted a few perennials in the afternoon.  Sad news:  Gus's Garden Center is going out of business.  The flood from last fall was the last straw.  They have a great inventory and everything is on sale, so I guess I'll try to take advantage of the low prices in the coming days.
This magnolia is the biggest show right now.  I planted a magnolia tree and a magnolia shrub.  This is the shrub.  The tree will bloom a little later. 

 The forsythias in the back are also putting on a great show this spring.  The first thing I planted when I moved here was a forsythia.  Someone came along and stole it.  Can you believe it?  So, I went out and bought a few more.  I actually bought a chain and locked them up.
 This was when I first planted them in the spring of 2010.  They're growing well!  
 I hope you are having a colorful spring, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment