Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Winter of Our Discontent 3/31

Gloomy 3/31
Sunny New Mexico
      

 It's not quite 40 degrees outside today.  In Milton, PA, that is.  Here's what it looks like.  






In Moriarty, NM, it's -- 70.  Yeah, 70.  With sunshine.  

Here's what it looks like today in Moriarty, NM:

All right.   




Enough.  

I stepped outside and looked at some plants today.  I guess I just needed some convincing.  Yes!  The trees and shrubs are budding!  And I actually do like the rain.  I've often said I'd rather have a flood than a drought.  Of course, I don't live in the flood plain. 
forsythia buds
Hydrangea buds

















Yesterday, when I was walking to the Ben Franklin, I took a snapshot of a lovely, picturesque farm:
lovely, picturesque farm

Now, let's pull back a little on the same farm.  It makes me sad to see farm land eroded in so many ways.  Not just this one, with a highway, but so many farms where I grew up are now housing developments.  I'll show you some pictures sometime soon of one old farm in particular that I wish had never gone to development.  But that's for another day.


I've never had too much luck with orchids.  I want to be like Nero Wolfe and have a rooftop garden filled with orchids.  I bought two when I moved here.  One died.  Fortunately, the other did not:
orchid
Kathy  3/31

P.S.  Yankees 6
         Detroit 3

No comments:

Post a Comment